Having a well-crafted visual identity is essential to be successful. If you don’t want to go unnoticed, work and take care of your logo.
Corporate visual identity or visual branding are all those elements that allow your clients to identify you graphically.
Among all that set of elements that make up your brand, the most important is the logo. The logo is the soul and essence of your company.
Having a good logo design is practically mandatory, for two main reasons:
- Through your logo, your clients have to identify you within the infinite sea of companies that are present in your sector.
- It has to denote the sector in which your business specializes and connote your values.
6 Steps to Make a Successful Logo Design
Analysis, analysis, analysis. The first step is always research. Know your audience, the sector, the trends… This is where you will lay the foundations to be able to connect effectively with your target audience.
MAKE ANOTHER MARKET STUDY, BUT INTERNAL
To know what external image you want to project, you first have to know yourself. How is your brand? What do you want to inspire? Make a list of the points you want to enhance your company and that you want to see represented in your logo design.
PERFORM A BRAINSTORMING
We link this third point with the previous one. While you carry out this process of rediscovering your business, have a paper and a pencil at hand to capture all the ideas that come to mind. Use the wheel method if you are still not clear on the naming.
ANALYZE YOUR COMPETITION
Before developing a final version of your logo design, study your competition. Inspiration always comes from other ideas. See how they communicate graphically, the colors, the typography, the tone… Do it better than them and take the opportunity to differentiate yourself.
HAVE FUN AND DEVELOP THE FINAL PRODUCT
It’s time to play. Develop the idea that you like the most, and that helps to project the message you want to convey to people effectively.
But do not stay alone with the final result. Continue to improve your design, if necessary, and put it to the test. Do an internal pre-test and ask members of other departments of your company who transmit your design to them to know if you are on the right track.
THE LAST STEP: SIMPLIFY
The most powerful ideas are the simplest. The difficulty is in being simple. Once you have the final design. Simplify. If an item is not essential, remove it.
How does a successful logo design have to be?
- As we always say, less is more. It is proven that simplicity triumphs in the world of logo design. Why? Well, because simple logos, like the mythical Apple, are more iconic, they communicate a single idea very well.
- Your logo is successful when it helps your customers remember that you exist. At this point, we again insist on simplicity. Because a logo that is easy to see is also easier to remember.
- If you are looking for a successful and consistent logo design, you have to be consistent with your corporate message and the values you want to convey.
- A good logo has to be attractive, original, different and, above all, versatile. That can be adapted in any format, whether on the web, business cards, or invoices.